Ongoing Studio Current Programs:
- Under Current: (Mondays 7:30-8:45) 4-6 week series of classes. AIRs are eligible to facilitate an Undercurrent series and are always welcome to participate.
- Juicy: (2nd Thursdays monthly) Juicy is Studio Current’s Capitol Hill Arts Walk event. AIRs will participate in at least 3 of these throughout the season either as a curator, performer or in a supporting role. Experiments work best for Juicy. Shows don’t work for the art walk. There is no serving food or drink at Juicy. Just your fine fine Juicy selves are for offer! There will be one MAD team member as a House Manager for each Juicy. 6 of the 9 Juicy events in the season will be curated by duets or small teams of AIRs who will work together to create an event of their collaborative design.
- Saloon: (once a season) Facilitated discussions based on a topic or theme. There will be drinks.
- SC Sessions: (last Sunday, every other month) Mixed bill performance event featuring rotating local artists curated by the MAD team. Atomic alums become eligible for performance consideration at Sessions after one season of residency.
- The Loop: (offered twice in the season) Feedback loops are an opportunity to show something of a work in progress or a creative process and receive immediate feedback from peers. Artists may request a specific kind of feedback from the group (creative, critical, reflective, etc.) MADs, AIRs, and guest artists may serve as facilitators. Loops are open to artists outside the residency program. There are only 6 slots in each session, so early sign up is encouraged. This program is open to artists outside the residency program. MADs, AIRs, and guest artists may facilitate.
- Dreamy A/F and Loud A/F: Biannual music series.
- No Chasers: SC's Open Mic Night happening every other month.
- F***Yes! Oh F***!: Studio Current's Biennial all day/ all night festival.